• Jr Livestock Show
• Open Ranch Versatility Horse Show
• Small Animals Show
• 4H Dog Show
Jr Livestock ShowSponsored by
2022 premium book coming soon
The family that shows together, grows together.
The Utah Junior Livestock Association is dedicated to helping youth in Utah 4-H and FFA programs promote and gain mastery in animal project areas. With several state association shows, youth can go beyond their county borders and build life long friendships, develop valuable life skills, and immerse themselves in animal agriculture.
Exhibitors are encouraged to participate in the complete educational opportunity that junior livestock shows provide, such as the rate of gain, carcass, fitting and showing, record book, and livestock judging contests along with the judging of market and breeding animals. It is the purpose of these projects to develop life skills and animal husbandry and marketing skills among the participants.
Open Ranch Versatility
Small AnimalsSponsored by
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF NEW OPEN SHOW SUPERINTENDENT AND REGISTRATION DATES, DEADINES, ENTRY LIMITS & AVIAN FLU/RHD UPDATE!!!
CONTACT: Mona Etelu
Text or call: 208-316-2608
Opens JUNE 15th 2022
Closes JULY 30th 2022 at Midnight.
Click here to apply
LIMITED ENTRIES PER EXHIBITOR!
Due to limited space this year, there will be a maximum of 2 entries per exhibitor, limit of 12 exhibitors each for pigeons, rabbits, and poultry. If you wish to bring more animals, those entries will be put on a waiting list and you will be contacted in the order received if there is extra space to bring additional animals.
After consultation with state poultry specialists, WATERFOWL will NOT be allowed entry to the Utah County fair this year due to ducks / geese / etc. being carriers of the influenza viruses and showing few to no signs of sickness. In fact, waterfowl are the natural hosts for the A1 virus. In order to allow entry to exhibitors with chickens and ducks at home, we ask that you please separate your waterfowl from your other poultry for at least a month prior to fair if you plan on bringing poultry to the show. This may seem unnecessary or extreme to some, but this is strictly for safety reasons. ALSO, please be vigilant about watching for any signs of illness in your birds.
For more information about the signs and symptoms of Avian flu, please go to this website:
CHECK IN: (at the Small Animal tent)
Thursday August 4th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Show begins at 4:00 pm on August 4th, 2022
Saturday August 6th from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Animals can be taken on Sunday morning from 9 to 11 am. Any animals left after clean up on Sunday at 11:00 am become property of the Utah County Fair.
There are cages available to use, property of the Utah County Fair. Please indicate when registering whether you will need cages, have your own cages, and how many birds, rabbits, or other small animals you will be bringing.
JUDGING, PREMIUMS & TROPHIES:
Our animal judging is done by judges who live locally or nationally and will be judging based on ARBA, APA, and NPA standards and requirements. The small animal superintendent chooses the judge. We allow the judges to place winning animals in any form they would like and place awards and trophies only to those they choose.
Judging will be Thursday August 4th at 4 pm, no exhibitors or spectators will be allowed in the area during judging.
All animals will be judged in a group setting: Rabbits, Pigeons, Poultry, and other small animals (cavy, etc.). Premiums will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each breed within a species. Rosettes and premiums will be given for Grand Champion (see below) and Best of Show in each species.
Exhibitors will be responsible to care for the needs of their animal twice daily: Food, water and bedding if needed (or make arrangements with the superintendent). Cages are to be kept clean. Small cages for bantam chickens and standard sized/mini rabbit are available from the fairgrounds, but for large fowl, large rabbits, and waterfowl or heritage turkeys, cages will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Show management is not responsible for any damage, accident, or death of any animal while it is at the show. Sick animals will not be accepted. The superintendent, or their assistant, will be the judge as to what constitutes a sick animal.
Any healthy animals taken before the check-out time will forfeit any prize money or ribbon that might have been given.
No healthy animals are to be removed from the exhibit without the permission of the superintendent. All animals on exhibit will be inspected daily by a competent person.
Registered 4-H youth are allowed to enter their animals in the open show and will participate in the 4-H quality and Jr Showmanship competitions.
SMALL ANIMAL EXHIBIT RULES:
1. No sick animals will be permitted onto the fairgrounds. All animals will be examined before being assigned a pen. Animals will be dismissed if any of the following symptoms are displayed.
• Runny Nose/Eyes
• Open Wounds
• Unhealthy appearance/lethargy
2. Rabbits are allowed to be housed and shown on the fairgrounds at the exhibitor's discretion. Vaccines for the RHDV2 virus are available at veterinary clinics for approximately $80.
3. All entries are due July 30th 2022 by midnight.
NO LATE or Day-Of-Check-in entries.
4. Owners must check on their animals at least twice a day.
5. Frozen water bottles must be provided by the exhibitor for rabbit cages to keep the rabbits cooled off. There will be a freezer for bottles on site.
6. Owners must provide their own feed for their animals, but water/feed containers will be provided by the fairgrounds with the exception of waterfowl and turkeys.
7. Participants must provide their contact information to the Small Animal Superintendent. If a participant's animal gets stressed, sick, or has any complications, exhibitors will be contacted and will be asked to remove their animal from the grounds immediately.
8. During judging, there are no people allowed in the animal housing area.
9. Contact Mona Etelu at 208-316-2608 with any questions or concerns (text or phone call).
10. There will be cash awards for every ribbon and some prizes.
• Best of Show - Rabbit
• Best of Show - Poultry
• Best in Show - Pigeon
• Best of Show - Cavi
• Champion Large Fowl Rooster
• Champion Large Fowl Hen/Pullet
• Champion Bantam Rooster
• Champion Bantam Hen/Pullet
• Champion Pigeon Male
• Champion Pigeon Hen
• Champion Standard Rabbit Buck
• Champion Standard Rabbit Doe
• Champion Mini/Dwarf Rabbit Buck
• Champion Mini/Dwarf Rabbit Doe
• 1st Place - Blue Ribbon
• 2nd Place - Red Ribbon
• 3rd Place - White Ribbon
• 4th Place down - Participation Ribbon